Understand The Benefits of Behavioural Skills Training for Corporate Companies
Behavioural skills training is a procedure that utilizes instructions, modeling, rehearsal, and feedback to teach employees a new skill. It is one such training that’s not for a fixed time but goes on for a continuous time period. One of the major objectives of behavioural skills training is to make participants self-aware. It uses the SWOT analysis and Johari window method for better introspection. SWOT – Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
In today’s world, businesses have become so competitive that it is essential to empower employees through regular training. Through repeated behavioural training, you cannot just imbibe new skills in your workforce but also polish their existing skills.
When employees go through this training, they understand the importance of teamwork and team building, self-awareness, handling pressure, and improving their interpersonal skills. All these aspects put together will make a good employee and set the foundation for a great leader of tomorrow.
Working in the corporate sector, employees have to take care of a lot of emotions. In difficult situations, they should be able to handle and control their emotions; that’s why building emotional intelligence is a part of behavioural skills training. They are taught how to be patient and how to deal with harsh realities calmly.
Self-awareness and self-management are the next aspects of this training. When the candidate knows his strengths and weaknesses, he can work on them to enhance their performance and productivity. Conflict management is also an integral part of behavioural skills training. All these critical elements help in shaping the overall behavior of the employee and help in their development.
Evidence-Based Behavioural Skills Training
With this Leadership Training, employees are taught to learn about different kinds of situations and how to deal with them. While in real-time, they might fall out due to a lack of feedback and proper practice. An effective training process can be individualized for each person and be customized according to these 4 steps.
1. Instructions – In this phase, a detailed description of the training is provided. What skill will you be gaining, what is its importance, how will it help in your professional life, and when to use it? Participants get to repeat this step in the form of a role-play for better understanding.
2. Modeling – The experienced trainer will demonstrate how to perform and master the skill through different methods, which can be in-person training, audio-video cues, and role play.
3. Rehearsal – You cannot become a pro at any skill without practice. That’s why, in this step, the trainer asks you to practice your behavioural skills. It can be done through real-life simulations or role-play.
4. Feedback – The entire behavioural skills training process is considered incomplete if participants don’t get the right feedback. The trainer provides constructive feedback, praises the candidates for good performance, and corrects them when required.
Behavioural Training Competencies
Given below are some of the main competencies that can be implemented through training.
• Work-life balance
• Listening skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Critical thinking
• Communication skills
• Relationship building
• Negotiation and conflict management
• Decision making
• Goal setting
• Stress management
• Time management
• Confidence building
• Emotional intelligence
• Rapport building
• Change management
It is important that organizations understand the importance of behavioural skills training. It will help shape employees’ vision, make them better people, improve their productivity and performance, boost their morale, and keep them engaged. And an engaged employee will surely bring more profits to the organization.